THE STORY CIRCLE CANOE FM SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR STORIES & POEMS
Guidelines for writers submitting works:
- This is voluntary and there is no financial reward for participating. Any costs, i.e. travel to Haliburton are at the writer’s expense.
- Please ensure that your name and the title of your work is noted on all pages and that the pages are numbered.
- Please provide your phone number and e-mail address where you can be contacted.
- For the program, submit a brief biography (60 words max.).
- Also prepare a short introduction to your piece (150 words max.).
- Your submission will not be more than 7 minutes in length (or 1500 words).
- No submissions with foul language will be accepted.
- The Radio Programme Organizing Committee reserves the right to select the work to be read on-air. Thus ensuring a variety of genres.
- Writers are required to practice reading their work aloud at home to check for flow, errors and to ensure timing prior to submitting.
- Once the Committee has reviewed and accepted the submission, the successful submissions will be contacted to attend a recording session.
- CANOE FM will select the readers for the on-air readings to ensure a high quality recording.
Note: If you wish your story to be read, but are not a confident speaker, then an alternate reader may be appointed.
Please note: You will be reading your intro on air, so please write it in first person.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUBMISSIONS.